Master how to use SnowFlake in no time!
What you’ll learn
- Signin and Signup into SnowFlake
- Familiarize yourself with the SnowFlake UI
- Setup the Comand Line Client of SnowFlake
- Figure out your account name (Yes, this can be tricky)
- SnowFlake Architecture
- How to create databases, tables and warehouses
- Load data into a table using a CSV
- Query Data using the Command Line Client
- Learn how to use the different SnowFlake DataTypes, Numbers, Boolean, String etc.
- Manage Permissions in SnowFlake, work with roles, privileges and users
- An Internet connection
- A working Computer with either Windows/MacOS or Linux
- A desire to learn and Crush It!
- Elementary knowledge of SQL can help you, but not needed
Tired of having insufficient resources when you need them? Tired of managing servers and planning wayyyy in advance to storage and computation power? Welcome to SnowFlake.
Whether you are a Software Architect looking for a way to switch over you’re conventional databases to the cloud or a developer looking for a one stop shop to manage your entire data storage and computation framework SnowFlake is the solution for you. It’s layered architecture gives it unique advantages which make it one of the best cloud database hosting platforms out there.
You will get a quick grasp on SnowFlake. It is one of the best set of cloud database storage tools out there, with the ability to design and develop scalable databases for free.
Everything is well documented and separated, so you can find what you need. Assignments and Quizzes will make sure you stay on track and test your knowledge. The course will have a combination of theory and practical examples.
Sign In and Signup for SnowFlake. Get Familiar with the User Interface, so it doesn’t look like a strange land to you as we continue on our journey.
Setting up the Command Line
Install and Setup SnowFlake on the command line. Learn how to use some basic commands. In order to sign up you will need your account name, which we will help you figure out.
Understand why we use SnowFlake, the multi tier architecture which gives SnowFlake an edge over traditional DataWarehousing. SnowFlake uses the SAAS methodology, understand what that means and how it compares to it’s competitors. (PAAS and IAAS).
Net Session 1
Ready to do your drills? Delve right into the heart of SnowFlake. Login, create databases and tables for your use. Create warehouses for computation power, which is flexible and scalable. Create a CSV file with some sample data, which you will load and query from in a database.
First familiarize yourself with why we use datatypes and what they are. Then use them while creating tables and inserting data. Everything from Strings, Numbers to Boolean types.
Roles and Permissions
Permissions in SnowFlake are governed by roles and privileges. Create roles, and users and assign privileges to them.
Who this course is for:
- Students trying to get a quick grasp of SnowFlake
- Developers looking to learn Cloud Computing and SnowFlake
- Developers and Software Architects who have used another tool to store their data and are now looking to move over to SnowFlake
- Devs looking to store data on a SAAS platform like SnowFlake