Ditch CSS stylesheets! Learn CSS in JS to quickly and cleanly style React components with the styled-components library
What you’ll learn
- Increase your value as a React developer.
- Convert or create new React apps using the the CSS-in-JS styled-components library.
- Style React apps using a newer, cleaner, and more efficient method with Styled Components.
- You should already know some simple ES6 syntax and already have worked with the React framework.
- **Updated course to version 4 of styled-components.**
- Downloadable ZIP of all code examples.
- Link to github repo for all code examples.
This course is the next step for React developers who want to increase their value as a front-end developer by ditching flaky CSS class names and structures, messy CSS imports and CSS class naming conflicts with their React apps and instead want to embrace the best way of styling React apps, with the CSS-in-JS Styled Components library!
React took the traditional view / viewmodel approach to web development and combined them both into one, while still keeping code modular and single responsibility. Styled Components can be seen as an extension of that, bringing the styling into the JS file as well. They all have one to one relationships, so it makes sense to combine them as long as they’re kept modular. This course will help you understand the power of this approach and show you how to build such components.
What other students are saying about this course:
★★★★★ 5/5 stars –“I loved the course that was extremely useful for me and helped me finally understand how styled-components works. Without any doubt, I recommend this course and I will go back to the future courses of Tom who is an excellent instructor. Thank you!” – Alex Pavlov
★★★★★ 5/5 stars – “I love this course so much, Tom is very responsive with the student question. No copy paste code, that we know all students doesn’t like it. There’s so many new information and a modern way to write a components, I like it so much and I will implement it to my projects 🙂 Thank you Tom for helping us !” – Kadek Pradnyana
★★★★★ 5/5 stars – “A great introduction to styled components in React. It goes through each of the most common scenarios to help you start building. Excellent course!” – Memo Ramirez
★★★★★ 5/5 stars – “A great intro to the styled-components way of styling React components.” – Ian Taite
★★★★★ 5/5 stars – “I did not know that this is possible. Amazing” (translated) – Alex
Who this course is for:
- React developers using traditional styling with CSS or SASS stylesheets who want to learn a better and cleaner approach; using the CSS-in-JS React styled-components library.