ITIL Service Transition Course
What you’ll learn
- Understand the Introduction to service transition
- Understand the Service Transition principles
- Understand the Service Transition processes
- Understand the Common service Transition activities
- Understand the Organizing for service transition functions
- Understand the Technology considerations
- Understand the Implementation and improvement of service transition
- Understand the Challenges, critical success factors and risks.
- An Understanding of the ITIL Foundation course makes you eligible for this course
The Service Transition (ST) module is one of the certifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle work stream. This module focuses on the process and practice elements and management techniques required to build, test and implement products and services. It also demonstrates how service transition can apply to other stages of the IT Service lifecycle and can underpin decisions during the Strategy and Operations phases.
The ST module will teach you how to plan and manage the move into initial operation for the new or revised resources created during the Service Strategy and Service Design stages of the ITIL Service Lifecycle. In addition to providing guidance on techniques for organizing and managing the transition, the certification also covers management of technology considerations and challenges and risks.
The course covers management and control of activities and techniques that are documented in the ITIL Service Transition publication, but it does not provide the full detail of each supporting process.
The techniques taught in the ST module can help organizations and individuals better understand and manage changes to IT services in line with users’ expectations and business strategy. Service transition is vital for flexibly managing changes and delivering improvement to services provided by organizations or programmes of work.
Who this course is for:
- The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL Service Transition publication.