Basics of networks and its introduction
What you’ll learn
- Introduction to computer networks
- Networking devices like switches
- Learn about LANs and WANs
- Subnets, layers, models
- Understand OSI Model
- Understand concept of TCP/IP protocol
- Understand what is Physical Layer
- Learn about Multiplexing
- Transmission media in Physical layer
- Fiber optic cables
- Basic knowledge of Computer Hardware and Software.
Computer network connects two or more autonomous computers. The computers can be geographically located anywhere. Computer networks have opened up an entire frontier in the world of computing called the client/server model.
By choosing this course, you will come to know about the basics of computer networks, types of network models, Types of layers in each model, types of devices, types of networks and what is internet etc. You will also learn about the history of internet, history of these computer networks and who are the scientist involved in developing these technologies.
Who this course is for:
- Computer science engineering students who are passionate about networks and security